Interactive Bar

External Links




Google Services




Log in

Whitemoor Academy

A 'Take Care' school that encourages pupils to 'Dare to be Different'

Get in touch

Contact Details

Social Media

Freqently Asked Questions

Question: How can I contact the school?

Contact details for phone, fax and email can be found by clicking here.


One of our three office staff; Kathryn Henshaw, Rosie Stapleton or Brooke Marsay; will be happy to help with any enquiries which you have.

Question: How do I report an absence?

On the first day of absence, parents should notify school by phone: 0115 978 6351 or by text: +44115 824 0163. 

Question: Where can I find the dates of the school holidays?

An overview of the school holiday pattern for 2018-19 can be found by clicking here.

Question: What time does school start and finish?

School starts at 8.55 am and finishes 3.15 pm. All other times, including those for Nursery, can be found by clicking here.

Question: What if I have a concern about my child?

Your child's teacher will be happy to talk to you about any issues you may have, however we suggest you speak to the office first and make an appointment so you can meet at mutually convenient time 

Question: How much are school lunches?

All KS1 children are entitled to a free school meal.


School meals for KS2 children cost £2.05 per day / £10.25 per week. All meals should be paid for in advance, with payments made on ParentPay by or before Monday morning. 


 Please speak to the office staff if you need to access login details for ParentPay.


Question: Do School sell Book bags and PE Kits?

Yes - Book bags are £4.15 and PE Kits are £10.50.


Question: Does school have a family support worker?

Yes, Ellen Kelliher is Whitemoor's Family Support Worker. 


Listed below are some of the issues Ellen can help with:

  • Support managing your child’s behaviour
  • Housing issues
  • Debt concerns
  • Accessing benefits
  • Secondary transfer forms
  • General advice about your child’s well-being
  • If Ellen can't help you directly, she can signpost you to the relevant information/support agencies who will be able to assist you.


Please call in at the school office or telephone us if you wish to make an appointment with Ellen.