PE & Sport Curriculum
PE and sport develops our children’s knowledge and skills, so that they can perform with increasing competence and confidence in a range of physical activities. These areas of the curriculum develop an understanding in children of their bodies in action and promote positive attitudes towards health and well-being. This enables children to make informed choices about physical activity throughout their lives.
- To develop a whole school approach to the teaching of PE and sport, underpinned by the values of our T.O.P. model
- To make PE and sport enjoyable and accessible for all
- To embed the physical literacy, emotional and thinking skills needed to succeed in PE and sport, with its benefits across the whole curriculum
- To improve standards of achievement in PE and sport
- To promote physical exercise and healthy-lifestyle choices