Physical Education and Sport at Whitemoor Academy
PE and sport develops our children’s knowledge and skills, so that they can perform with increasing competence and confidence in a range of physical activities. These areas of the curriculum develop an understanding in children of their bodies in action and promote positive attitudes towards health and wellbeing. This enables children to make informed choices about physical activity throughout their lives.
- To develop a whole school approach to the teaching of PE and sport, underpinned by the values of our T.O.P. model
- To make PE and sport enjoyable and accessible for all
- To embed the physical literacy, emotional and thinking skills needed to succeed in PE and sport, with its benefits across the whole curriculum
- To improve standards of achievement in PE and sport
- To promote physical exercise and healthy lifestyle choices